Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conditioning

J was really disappointed that Jessica was lame this summer and unable to go on the Virginia Highlands Challenge endurance ride with me and Hank.  We looked for another ride to go on and found one in South Carolina.  We have been riding lately with that goal in mind.  
Today we road on some nearby trails, about 12 1/2 miles in 2 1/2 hours. We thought this was pretty good until I read on someone else's blog about the North American record holder of 100 miles in 6:58.  I just keep saying "to finish is to win."  Surely we can do 30 mile in 6 hours on flat sand.

3 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

100 mile in 6.5 hrs!!!! wow!

The JR said...

30 miles, I wouldn't be able to walk for a few days.

Crystal said...

Wow that sounds crazy! I know i have ridden more than 6.5 hours and Im sure I went nowhere near a hundred miles! Im sure you can make the 30 miles easy enough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...