Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hank had his appointment at the Vet School for the ophthalmologist to check out his eye.  Growing up I had a horse that had squamous cell carcinoma and we lost the horse because of it.  So I am very leery of the problem and may be a little irrational concerning my own horse.   
 Hank however was very calm and collected.
 They did give him a mild sedative.
 And they did a nerve block and topical anesthetic.
 The ophthalmologist thought the lesion might be inflammation from an immune mediated condition and not squamous cell carcinoma.
To make sure he went ahead and removed the visible abnormal conjunctiva (connective tissue around the eye) and sent it for histopath.  I should know the results in a day or two.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

My horse has the exact same looking eye, I was wondering what they diagnosed it as, who the vet was and how much surgery costs..

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Good boy Hank!

50+ Horses said...

Ditto the Good Boy, Hank! What a good patient!! Let us know when you get the results back.

The JR said...

Hope he's okay.

C said...

I hope all goes well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...