Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Farm Tour

First off, we are very happy V got back safely from Texas.  Her team was 15 out of 35.  No one on the team placed in anything.  V had the highest score from  Virginia.  I think she had a good time.  She bought a cowboy hat and a  western bling belt.  I told her with that outfit she will have to start barrel racing Hank.   They saw lots of Quarter Horses and Paints.  She doesn't remember the names of any of the ranches that they visited.  She is now packing to go to Switzerland with E and their 3 aunts for 2 weeks.  They leave tomorrow.  I know they are very excited about this trip.
 Today I rode Otoelene around the farm for 1 1/2 hours.  It is such a pleasure to ride her that I lose track of time.
 First, we visited the goats.
 Emma can be a help sometimes.
 When we get to horse eating things if Emma goes past first without getting eaten then it must be ok for a horse to go past.
We rode to the end of the long bottom and trotted around, serpentined and zigzagged back up.
She enjoyed standing in the shade next to the creek.  Most of the other horses don't like this area with all of the brush.  
I debated not putting in this picture.  We really don't have that much junk laying around.  These were some old tires that came with the farm but there is a limit to how many we can take to the dump each year so it is slow going to get rid of them.  I think she would have walked through them if I had asked. 
Maybe V and E will have some pictures of Switzerland in a couple of weeks.  Meanwhile, J and I will still be here on the ranch. 

1 comment:

Crystal said...

She is such a good girl! Its hard to get rid of all the junk around the place, we have some old machinery from Neils grampa and there really is nowhere to take it, so its all pilled up in the one corner. I would like to get rid of it, but besides burying it I dont know how.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...