Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Brush, Brush, Comb, Comb

"Brush, brush, brush brush, comb, comb. comb, comb.  All girls who to brush and comb should have a pet like this at home."
Dr Seuss
That is what kept going though my head as I was finally combing out Sweetwater's tail.  1/4 bottle of baby oil and 45 minutes later it was done.  I also loaded her all the way on and backed her off the horse trailer.  This was more tricky than the livestock trailer because we have a tack stall at the back so the opening for the horse is only 1/2 the width of the trailer.  She walked right on with the front feet then lunged forward to jump on with the back ones.  This put her much more forward than I was wanting because it meant further to back off.  After a little hesitation she went ahead and started backing and unloaded like a pro.

4 comments:

aurora said...

She sure has come around and is even prettier without all those knots!!

C said...

makes me think of My little pony

Mrs Shoes said...

But what a BEAUTIFUL tail she has - well worth that work. I'm so happy she's doing well; it may not sound like much to some, but knowing her story with you I can appreciate that the little things ARE the big things for some horses. Lucky Sweetwater, to have met you.

Kim said...

You are really bringing out the beauty in her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...