Tuesday, June 20, 2017

This One Is For E

E is always asking why I don't ride Pep any.  When I tell her I have ridden Brother or Hank it's, "Why didn't you ride Pep?"  Since E is in Illinois for 9 weeks this summer I can't give my usual answer of, "Why don't you ride her?"  My second answer is because I'm afraid of making her lame.  But since there is no showing on the horizon for her to be sound for, I went ahead and rode her today. 
 First, I did some grooming.  Her mane is longer than ever.  But in retrospect, I think it was suppose to go on the other side.  So I looked up some old pictures to see, and look what I found....
 E and Pep at their first horse show 10 years ago this month.  E was only 10 and Pep was 6.  They made a good team.
 Pep is a challenging horse to ride.  Her jog is nice but her lope has always been stiff and she really fights having to do it.
But we got through it and rode some outside and even chased the goats around.  I think she liked doing that part the best.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

You are a good mom keeping her horse exercised for her.

C said...

L commented that she remembered that day 10 years ago. I'm sure E is happy about your working out Pep.

Unknown said...

I'm sure E is happy about your working out Pep.


จอมเวทย์มหากาฬ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...