Monday, August 28, 2017

Spay Day

It was time to do a little surgery on the puppies.  I went ahead and took them in on Sunday to work on them so I wouldn't be in the way of regular clinic hours.

They were very reluctant to come inside let alone walk on a tile floor.  There was a lot of dragging and pushing to get them to the treatment area.  One weighted 53 pounds and the other 60.  They are not quite 6 months old yet. 
J helped with the restraint, which was minimal because they are so sweet, and the heavy lifting.  I did everything else.  
With the first one finished and up she was very interested in trying to get her sister up.  
They cane through surgery fine, spent the night at the clinic and are back out with the goats this evening. I know, I'm a bad owner but we will keep a close eye on them for the next few days.  I think they will be happier with the goats than in the kennel.   Still no names yet.  They are hard to tell apart except for their tails, one is straight and the other curly.  

5 comments:

C said...

They seem like such sweet dogs. I'm sure they are happier out with the sheep.

Mrs Shoes said...

Wow, how cool!
I tried SO hard to get one of my children to go into the veterinary field... no dice. Dangit.

Alica said...

Those eyes in the first picture...it's like they KNOW what you're gonna do to them!! Glad all went well!

Crystal said...

Poor girls :( But they probly are much happier with the goats, i always want to take mine home but the clinics wont let me and then they say how they don't seem happy there! Ugh. Last time was better he let me take the cat home after a day there

They are so adorable too and I sure cant tell them apart in the pics be hard to name them lol make sure they are similar I guess

Unknown said...

I'm sure they are happier out with the sheep.


จอมเวทย์มหากาฬ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...