Saturday, September 30, 2017

Integrated and on New Pasture

Since getting Draper last November she has been in fields by herself or with cattle.  Then this summer she has been with Otoelene.  I finally decided to go ahead and put all the horses together.  I started by adding Brother to the field with Draper and Otoelene.  Then after a few days I added Hank and Jessica.
 Then yesterday, I took Draper and walked her around the new field that had Little Girl and Pep left in it.  I let the others back in and there was a tremendous amount of running around.  No pictures of that because I was trying to keep hold of Draper.  Once things settled down some I let her loose.  She was really good about trying to stay with Otoelene.
 Little Girl had to assert her dominance several times.
 There was a little more running around
 but nothing to scary.
Then the excitement was over.  It won't be as convenient to catch and work with her now, but they won't be in the way of the gates at the barn or house anymore either.  Always some pros and cons.

3 comments:

C said...

You have one shot of Draper's tail really sticking straight out at the trot. Nice that she is now socialized with everyone.

Mrs Shoes said...

I always love to see a happy band of horses. You're lucky - your selection is techni-colour!

Crystal said...

Ya its tough to decide where to keep them, they sure do like it when they are all together tho

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...