Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Saddling Draper

Draper has had a pretty easy summer.  I've done some grooming, lunging, hoof care, and I even ponied her off of Otoelene, but nothing too taxing for a yearling.  I decided yesterday to see if she was big enough to wear my cheap old hunter saddle.  And guess what, she was.  
 I was afraid the girth would be too long but with it on the higher notches and with the saddle pad it was fine.  She really acted like it was no big deal.  Of course, with Sweetwater as a comparison, Draper is a dream.  I'm pretty sure the saddle hit the ground at least 30 times when I was trying to get Sweetwater use to it.  So far zero times after 2 days with  Draper.
 Yesterday, when I asked her to trot she did throw in a couple of bucks but they weren't much and she stopped and went on with no more drama.
Today, I asked her to canter and she threw in another buck for good measure.  I couldn't ask for a better 1 1/2 year old.

2 comments:

C said...

Hard to believe how much she has grown. It seems she doesn't stick out her tail as much when trotting.

Crystal said...

She is cute! And sounds like a good horse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...