Sunday, September 24, 2017

Wild Pony Sale

J and I went to the Grayson Highland Festival on Saturday.
 There was bluegrass music,
 arts and crafts vendors,
 and Hobo pies. (apple butter between two slices of bread then fried over a fire)
 But the main attraction is always the "wild" pony sale.  These are ponies that live in the park and are rounded up each year and the offspring sold as a fund raiser to help continue to care for the herd.  I say "wild" because hikers are always feeding and petting them.
 And despite signs posted all around the sale pens,
 people just acted like it was a big petting zoo.  I don't think the ponies minded at all.
Anyway, it was a gorgeous day and a large turnout for the sale.  I think they averaged well over $400 each and they had 22 to sell.  The high seller went for $875.  To keep me from getting caught up and bidding, J reminded me that was much more than I paid for Draper. So sadly, no little new pony at the 4R's.

2 comments:

C said...

They are very cute - that had to be tempting. But not as cute as Draper.

IanH said...

Me thinks that one can never too many ponies! Besides, you deserve one☺️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...