Thursday, September 28, 2017

Yet Another Outing

Looks like we are making up for lost time.  I didn't get to do much riding this summer.  But after the farrier was here Monday and I got shoes on Otoelene again, I suggested to J that we go trail riding Tuesday.  And guess what, he agreed. 
 We drove about 30 minutes to a local camp site and headed out with Brother and Otoelene.
 Brother was on good behavior to start with.
 Then we met two riders that didn't seem to know where they were.  They were back tracking because the trail stopped at a gate and they didn't know they could go through.  This is still part of the trail system and is about 1500 open acres referred to as The Range Lands.  We told them if they wanted to ride with us we were going the way they were wanting to go.   They were very thankful to be able to make a loop instead of back tracking the way they had come.   One was from New York and the other from Vermont.  They had both lived here about a year but as far as I could tell only ridden this trail system once with someone else guiding.
 The only problem was Brother didn't seem to appreciate the company.  He got pretty worked up over the situation but J was able to ride him through it.  Otoelene, on the other hand, was a super star.
J wanted to take my picture at the end of the 3 1/2 hour ride.  I think I might change my Facebook profile picture now.  (In all fairness, there was a better one but it wouldn't be as funny)

1 comment:

C said...

Made me laugh. Nice shot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...