Monday, October 30, 2017

Farmercising

I had my first visitors for the Farm Spa (thanks for that term A).
 M and V came to help do some farm work/yard work.
 V said it was much better for her back to do some physical work instead of sitting at a desk all day.
 J and I had already spread one load of mulch, but with such willing help, I got two more loads spread.
 M coined the term "Farmercising"  to describe the great workout you get from farm work.
Since M and J worked on it while me and V went to get the second load of mulch, I didn't get any pictures of M cutting and splitting wood.  I think that was maybe more of a workout than the mulch.  Anyway, we were able to get our stove started and now we have some real heat in the house.  J tried to start the stove a few days ago, but the blower didn't work.  The stove guy came out Saturday and replaced it along with fixing a leak. With the temperature not making it out of the 30's today, the heat is nice.   Hopefully, we are good for the winter.

2 comments:

Alica said...

Farmercising. I like that! Looks like you had great help and the mulching looks nice. I had good intentions when our son was home on fall break, but it didn't happen. :( I remember having cozy wood heat when I was still living at home. I miss that sometimes, along with the wonderful smell!

Mrs Shoes said...

Is your stove left outside then?
We have a woodstove in the livingroom that hits the house toasty while leaving the bedrooms cooler. The whole process of building & tending the fire is enjoyable to me, you can smell the chimney smoke outdoors & it seems so comforting to us.
We have cousins who dump wood down a chute into their basement where their wood furnace resides; I'm told the cute is a remnant from when they used coal. Either way, their house is always warm & cozy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...