Saturday, October 21, 2017

Four Random Things

I saw this plant stand on Pinterest and thought it had a nice mid-century vibe.  
 E has lots of plants in her apartment so I thought she might could use a interesting plant stand to spruce things up a bit.  I went to the shop and put one together with some scrap wood.
 She must have liked it because she went ahead and painted it when she was home a couple of weeks ago.
I think it looks pretty nice in her room.
 I love balloons as much as anyone, maybe more than most.  But what I don't like is when people release balloons for various occasions.   Where do you think they end up?
 This one didn't make it to Raymond and Jaunita forever in heaven.  It only made it to one of our pasture fields.  J has pick up several of these over the years, very annoying.
 I have been noticing that the squirrels around here don't seem to be all that skittish.  When I was catching my horse yesterday, this one just about let me touch it.   Granted, it may have been pretty focused on that hickory nut.
 Then lastly, we have some roof repairs.  The old barn is constantly leaking.  J managed to scavenge some old tin from somewhere to try to repair it again.
 Then, more importantly, we had a leak in the garage around the flue.  Hopefully, a bunch of caulk around the flashing will help.

2 comments:

C said...

Nice job on the plant stand. Ugh on the floating balloon trash. Never trust a calm squirrel - I like squirrels to be skittish.

Nice job J - hopefully his roof patches will work out.

Crystal said...

We get those balloons here too we think they come from Calgary, mostly happy Birthday ones that Im sure some kid cried cause he/she let it go

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...