Sunday, February 11, 2018

From Contestant to Chairman

E and V judged in the Block and Bridle 4-H horse judging contest every year they were eligible as 4-Hers.  This year, with E in college and a member of B&B, she volunteered to chair the contest. 
It was a lot of work and worry.  One trainer backed out the day before the contest.  That was two of her classes.  She did some scrambling and found another wonderful instructor that brought 4 horses to make up the two classes. 
I think 230 4-H and FFA kids were registered.  Everything seemed to go smoothly and ahead of schedule. 
E secured me as a reasons taker and V volunteered to listen in with me.  I pretty much let her do the scoring.  It was the first time that she was on the listening end of the competition.  She might be ready to coach a team herself now.   I know E is glad it is all over with.  Good job E!

2 comments:

C said...

I just think that is FANTASTIC and so impressive. Way to go E!!

Plus it helps to have great help from your family.

Alica said...

That sounds like a lot of work, but congrats to your daughter on a job well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...