Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Good Day Couponing

We needed dog food.  Imagine that.  With 4 Great Pyrenes dogs, we go through a lot of dog food.  I have been getting it at Tractor Supply in 50 pound bags.  I usually wait for a sale or a 10% off coupon but there hasn't been one lately.  Enter Dollar General, my favorite Couponing store.  They are having a digital sale $15 off purchase of $50. So, basically 30% off anything.  It just so happened to coincide with a sale on the dog food I get and I had $2 off coupons.  One hundred pounds ended up being $30 vs the regular price at Tractor Supply of $22.99 for 50 pounds.  I love saving money so much I had to make another scenario with the $3 off $15. 
I ended up going to 3 different stores for everything.  The pink Bic razors are from Walmart, $3.27 but I have a $3 off coupon making them 27 cents each.  I was planning on getting the Aveeno there too but they didn't have the cheaper size which worked out because Family Dollar was having a clearance sale.  I found them for $2 and my coupons were for $3 off, making them FREE!  Too bad they don't give overage like Dollar General.    Well, I had my plan in place for DG but it ended up being a dollar more than I thought.  Found out it was my fault, I gave the wrong paper coupon.  It can get a little confusing with paper and digitalis.  I never know what ones will actually attach to the items.  But anyway, still a good deal at $5.29 for everything else.
So have I gotten you excited about Couponing yet?  I usually just buy the cheapest store brand items when I need something.  But I have found with coupons, if you have a high dollar one and wait for a sale you can get it for much less and some times even free.  Don't worry, I haven't devoted an entire room to everything yet.  

1 comment:

C said...

I am completely impressed. I gave up dealing with coupons and rebates (hate them) long ago. I am tempted to enter your orbit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...