Friday, June 1, 2018

Draper Drama

Draper has had one problem after another.  Since I got her, she packs grass between her cheek and molars.  It makes it look like her face is swollen.  J even came in one day to tell me how bad her face looked.  I said it was just grass but he didn't believe me until I flushed it out with the hose.  My equine vet friend was here doing a pre-purchase exam on Brother (more on that later) so I had her look at Draper's teeth.  There was some sort of gap back at her molars that Dr. C had never seen before.  She was going to ask another vet that specializes in dentistry about it.  She floated her teeth while she was at it.  Hopefully, it is something that will correct when her permanent teeth come in. 
 Then there was an abscess, (right front)
 and an abscess,  (left front)
and yet another abscess, (right rear at the hairline).  I had finally gotten her over all of those and had her in the rock free, obstacle free, tree free lot,
when her hock swelled up.  There is a little wound in the inside of her right hock.  I have been doing hydro therapy on it along with giving her an antibiotic and some bute.    
This is the improved version.  She has never been very sore with it, so I am hoping for a quick recovery.  I may have to wait until she is three to start riding her, because her two year old year isn't going so well. 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Oy... some horses are just self destructive! Hopefully she will be over it all this year and next year will be a good one.

C said...

So sorry to hear about Draper's travails. Good thing she has a vet for an owner. She is in good hands.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...