Friday, June 15, 2018

Golden Horse Day

I'm too excited about my wonderful day to wait until tomorrow to share, so TWO posts in one day.
 We started with a morning trail ride on Horse Heaven.  Jessica is always a little bit of a wild card even at 17 so to be on the safe side J always starts off lounging her some.  But no worries, she did great.
 Horse heaven is part of the the Virginia Highlands trail.  This loop is about 8 miles long.
 There's my first golden horse.  Otoelene was a dream to ride. 
 The Mountain Laura (or Yanny for those of you that can't hear right - and if you don't know what I am talking about check it out HERE) is just past it's peak.
 But it is still stunning in spots.
 And then I saw this...bear paw print.  Looked pretty fresh too.  But no, never saw the bear.  Our ride lasted about 3 hours.  Very pleasant weather and very few flies.
 Then this evening I rode Draper again.  This time I made sure J was ready with the camera.  So I now have video proof too. 
She was a lot more calm today and I didn't have to lounge her nearly as much.  I also decided to carry my "hog slapper" (cheap version of a riding crop).  With the slapper I ended up not needing J in the pen with me.  She did kick out once, hit the panels and spooked herself a little, but we just pushed right through it with no problem.  And as promised, a short clip of Draper trotting.
Got to love the palominos!

1 comment:

C said...

Horse heaven on the trial and in your barn. Draper looks great.

I hear yanny from the original sound bit. The link was interesting with it's changeable scale. If I move the scale a notch over to the laurel side then I hear laurel on every notch except the far right yanny notch. So I'm not sure the tool is working correctly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...