Wednesday, June 6, 2018

No Draper Drama

And no pictures, just a little blurb to know that I rode Draper yesterday.  Her hock is not totally down to normal but she is not lame at all.  I have saddled her a couple of times just to keep her use to things.  Since I had her teeth done, I thought it would be a good time to try her with a bit.  There was a lot of chewing and trying to figure out what to do with her tongue but she finally got all that sorted out.  And since she was doing so well yesterday I thought I would go ahead an just get on.  No drama.  I still used the reins on the rope halter but through the bit so there was more halter pressure but a little pit pressure.  Same as HERE with Sweetwater.   J was out spraying weeds so I didn't have any help to get her trotting.  But we walked around a lot and worked on turning, stopping and starting.  Another successful ride.

2 comments:

sarahczspots said...

Getting him trotting will probably be my and Joey's big hurdle too...not that I'm complaining. I'll take a lazy baby over a hot one any day!

raynnowui21 said...

you have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog? slots for real money

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...