Friday, June 15, 2018

Training Draper and Tall Grass Prairie

Still no pictures of riding.  But I set my round pen back up.  I had taken in down when someone came to look at Brother.  I thought he would look better using the entire arena instead of just half.  Anyway,  when I lounged Draper in the whole barn, she seems very spunky, so round pen it was.
 Even in the round pen she was unusually fast, so more lounging.  But the time J showed up I was ready to get on.  Suddenly, no more fast.  Walking is getting pretty good, but J had to come in with the lounge whip and help to encourage the trot.  She is a wonderfully calm horse so far. 
 Now for the tall grass.  When we moved here, J use to make this field for hay.  Since we buy all of our hay now, this is in the cow grazing rotation.  Right now, only the goats have access to it.  Can you see the goat.
This is a full grown one with her head up.  Best grass we have ever had. 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Sometimes the young 'uns just get the wind up their tail- until it's time to actually work!
That is great pasture!

C said...

I don't remember seeing any pictures of your land with such tall grass.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...