Thursday, July 19, 2018

30 Day Draper

I've been riding Draper for about a month now.  I usually manage 3 - 4 days a week.  She is doing wonderfully.  I haven't had a chance to ride outside much except for around the barn and barn lot.  But that is teaching her a lot of steep up and down and to not rush going downhill.  
She is getting more consistent every ride.  But she is resisting rein pressure some, so still lots of work there.  I almost had a wreck the other day when she tripped at the lope, pulled the reins out of my hands and wanted to start crow hopping.  Luckily, she has a good voice Whoa, and stopped after just 2 or 3 steps.  
Her trot is pretty springy, I think she may be more suited for hunter than western. Thank you E for the in focus video.

1 comment:

C said...

Thanks to E for the video! I had to look up crow hop - yikes! That seems a bit like bucking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...