Friday, July 20, 2018

Lucky Find

I have been casually looking for a double bed to replace the twin bed in V's old room.  As you may know, I have an attraction to Mid Century Modern.   I was in town the other day around lunch time, so I stopped at Rural King to get my free popcorn.  (Anyone else do that)  Anyway, there is a thrift store next door so I thought I might as well take a quick look.  And look what I found.  
 A mid century modern double bed in what appears to be walnut complete with side rails and slats.  There are a few scuffs and scrapes, but noting a little Liquid Gold and Old English couldn't handle.
And the even better part is that it was marked $20, but they were having a 75% off all furniture sale!  Five bucks, I'll take it.

2 comments:

C said...

Incredible find and buy! Good work.

Ruthlynn said...

Very nice well made bed. You should have that for years to come.They do not make them this well anymore. Happy for you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...