Saturday, September 8, 2018

Coupon Saturday #16

I have been talking myself out of couponing for awhile now, but there were some diapers on clearance at Walmart that I couldn't pass up.  I am sure some of you may be wondering why I want diapers.  Well, they make great hoof bandages for abscesses.  
Old picture for illustration only.  No current abscesses, knock on wood.
And I am sure you know I have plenty of those.  
 And the great thing was, everything had a coupon.  I first went Thursday, handed over my coupons and the cashier said, "I can't take those, they are for more than the item."  I tried to explain that it was fine, I had done it before, friends had done it before, it should work.  But she wouldn't budge.  So I walked out with nothing.  I tried again yesterday.  This time I had a copy of Walmart's coupon policy in hand that stated,

  • "The coupon value will be applied to the price of an item allowing any overage to be applied to the transaction total."
And also, this time I picked an express line that was long and with a young cashier.  She scanned everything without question.  Then, when she got to the total, she said, "Wow, I need to do this."  The diapers have a regular price of $9, and the kleenex was on clearance down from $4.44.  I think I got my 86 cents worth.

1 comment:

C said...


Amazing again. The photo of your receipt does not show the stunning 86 cents total. Just wow!

BTW - I'm glad you put a disclaimer on your diaper usage illustration picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...