Monday, June 4, 2012

Yard Work

Today was a beautiful day to work in the yard. (and to ride Otoelene afterwards)  J had mentioned that he thought the nandina needed to be pruned.  They have really thrived in this location.  I started these from some runners off of a short hedge in the yard.  That hedge has never gotten half this tall.  
 Anyway, after a you tube video this is the pile I ended up with.
 It said there wasn't really a good time to prune.  You either lose the berries or the flowers that make the berries.
 I could probably trim out more but I didn't want to send it into shock.
 I should have taken a before on this tree.  I can't remember for the life of me what it is.  I think it came from a group for free  twigs trees from the Arbor Day Foundation.  It has been looking like a shrub until this year then it went wild.
 I've been trimming off the little inside branches to make the trunk visible.
 Any ideas on what it is?
 The roses and coral bells are in full bloom.
 These lillies that I got for mother's day several years ago are very prolific.  Some of the stalks have over 12 blooms.
And I can't believe the purple cone flower is already blooming.  What is going to be left for fall?

3 comments:

sally said...

It is beautiful to see the flowers and green leaves of spring/summer. I have to admit I have no idea what your strange tree is either

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Beautiful gardens , I am so jealous!

Crystal said...

Wow so pretty, love the pinks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...