Monday, March 13, 2017

Trophies

When I was growing up my father hauled me and my horse to lots of shows.  
 I was fortunate to win lots of trophies.
 They were all very special to me in my youth.  But ever since my mother made me remove them from her house, they have been living in a box in the closet.
So I have decided to share them.  I am donating 20 to our local saddle club for their 2 shows this year.  I plan on them going to the youth classes. 
I am keeping a few that are very special to me like my championship trophies. 
 And I have the keep these, they were my first two trophies.  They receive quite a bit of polishing.  I was 10 years old and it was a very small local fair but I couldn't have been more proud.  I had always suspected since they didn't match, that they had been donated.
 I hope this lot all get new life in another horse lovers heart.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

What a great Idea, I helped with the handicapped riding and they all got a trophy at the end of the season

C said...

Very touching.

Mrs Shoes said...

What a lovely way to give back to your sport.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...