We have had a busy Memorial Day weekend.
Then our saddle club met at a local campground for some camping and trail riding. Friday evening we went on a short 1 hour ride from which Otoelene came back limping.
Brother was a bit of a handful for J and he did a lot of weaving and circling around me to try to slow him down.
There were 48 trailers and the campgrounds (6 from our club, the rest from out of state). The location is made for about 15.
J talked me into riding Brother Saturday since Otoelene was lame. Once again, he was a handful. He just doesn't like to be boxed in between slower horses. He did much better when I got him near the front behind the 2 TWHs. He had no problem keeping up with them.
Today, Otoelene is on Bute for pain, trim/sulfa (antibiotic) and an icthamol poultice (a drawing agent). The farrier is coming tomorrow to pull her shoe to see if there is an abscess.
Sweetwater is still making slow but steady progress. Saddling has proven easier than unsaddling. I wish she would just hold still while I unhook the girth and move to the other side instead of jumping sideways and dumping the saddle off. She is doing so much better with the fence work. Next, I need to start driving her to work on steering some before someone gets on for real. I might see if I can find a brave/foolish young man to sit up there first.