Saturday, March 13, 2010

Amazing Dogs

It is really unbelievable how these two puppies behave. Remember, they are only 7 months old. The goats have been grazing down in the bottom for the last two days and Bumble and Bea have stayed with them to the point of not even coming to the house to eat. J went out to find them and found a sick goat that wasn't with the herd. Amazingly, Bea had stayed with the sick goat while Bumble went with the rest of the herd. They were separated by 3/4 of a mile a hay field and two hollows.
Emma helped me lure Bea away from the goat and back to the herd.
Bea however was limping. She had a cockle burr between her toes that had rubbed a raw spot.
She was very good and let me remove it. It would be nice to shave it, soak it and put neosporin on it, but I think that is probably not going to happen. I will keep an eye on it.

1 comment:

Judy Johnson said...

Hello! It is always nice to connect with somone who shares some of the same good things in life that my husband and I do! I look forward to following your blog and getting a glimpse of your life there in Virginia! Love your photos, by the way.
Judy and Doug Johnson
Johnson Ranch
Sentinel Butte, ND

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...