Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hunting

I went looking for the goats this evening so I could feed the dogs. You may think that this sounds like a simple chore but you would be wrong. 40 goats and two 100 pound dogs can be very difficult to find on 300 acres. The terrain is very diverse and there are lots of hollows for them to be in.
I did venture to a section of the farm I don't get to see very often.
I really like this section of the creek where it makes a 90 degree turn down a steep bluff.
I did manage to find some wild flowers blooming. (blood root).
I also found a canteen. The only problem was I didn't find the goats until I got back to the house. After a 45 minute 3 mile hike I saw them coming over the hill from the opposite direction. I think instead of a 4-Wheeler I might like a helicopter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...