Friday, October 8, 2010

Pears and Goats

Some pears have been falling off the trees and getting mushy before I have a chance to make more pear sauce (11 quarts so far. They are very juicy and cook down a lot. I drain some of the fluid then add sugar then freeze). I picked up a couple of buckets full and threw over the fence to the goats.
At first they seemed to think it quite a treat.
Then they found some rose bush prunings I had taken out there. Almost all of the goats ran to eat the roses over the pears.
A few stayed back to continue eating the pears. Bumble checked them out but didn't eat any. So if even a goat won't eat them how good can they really be?

2 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

send them to me!!!

Anonymous said...

Our chickens love the pears that fall to the ground.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...