Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jessica

Jessica is lame.  J is very depresses because he was planning on being able to take her on the endurance ride this year.  She had never been lame before, unlike E's horse Pep who seems to have more lame days than sound. 
 She pulled a shoe the day before the farrier came and was extremely lame when he reset her shoes.  I was hoping it was just sore from having pulled the shoe but it hasn't gotten any better.  Now I'm worried that maybe she fractured her coffin bone.
 I borrowed the portable x-ray machine from work and J was a willing helper.
 It takes some effort to get the right angle.
I took several views and don't see a fracture.  She is still lame however.  I might have to get the local equine vet to come take a look and possible re x-ray her with her digital machine.

4 comments:

The JR said...

Jolie was lame for several days, we pulled the shoe so I could soak her twice a day in epson.

Kept her up to keep her quiet. She was better within a week.

It's awful not knowing why they are hurting.

Daisy said...

Sorry to hear it! I hope she continues to heal quickly and it was just something that got pulled/set off when the shoe came off.
Keep us posted!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

yikes! hope it is not to serious!

Aimee Dickenson said...

Oh, no! I hope you get that figured out. That's scary. Seriously though, if you want to come and take Iney, and ride the snot out ofher, Joe can ride her in the race. She's just a pasture ornament now. I'd be thrilled to see someone ride her! She's not all THAT big!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...