Monday, March 25, 2013

Browsing Goats

Despite the new layer of snow, the multiflora rose bushes are starting to put out. 
 This is exactly what we got the goats for.
 They have started going to town on eating the new growth.
 This one however, had the white pine tree in it's sights.
 Ah, success.
 You would think with all of those thorns that the goats would be a little more careful in their eating.  But they just open wide and wad it in.
I read recently that a goat is worth $10- $25/acre as brush and weed control.  This is much better than me or J getting out there with the backpack sprayer and hiking up and down these steep hills.

1 comment:

A Colorful World said...

I think I need to get some goats! :-) Well, so those buds are not welcome? The goats are delightful to see trudging around for their meal in the snow!

Thanks for commenting on my FF/Random 5 post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...