Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Blue Sky Day

We were suppose to go to a horse show in Sunday but due to all of the rain causing a very muddy arena the show was cancelled. 
 I had just finished combing out Brother's massive tail when E came out and gave me the news.  So we switched gears and J and I went trail riding instead.
 After all of the rain it was nice to have a blue sky day.  Unbelievable weather for the end of June.  The temperature was in the low 70's with low humidity, a light breeze and not a cloud in the sky.
 We did the Horse Heaven loop but took a less traveled side trip.  I rode Brother with his newly combed tail.  He didn't mind being in the front or the back.  I'm still considering taking him on the endurance ride but it is only 2 weeks before the state show.  I'm not sure if all the go, go, go required for endurance will translate to slow, slow, slow for E when she is showing him western pleasure.  What a quandary.
 J rode Jessica because we know she is going on the endurance ride.  I think J is wanting to try the 50 mile this year.
Along with the beautiful day we also had beautiful scenery.  Even the rhododendrons were in bloom.
Here's wishing you many Blue Sky Days.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Such a pretty tail! And sounds like a nice trail ride.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...