Friday, July 10, 2015

Catching Up

Going on vacation, even a short one, can really put me behind.  E and I went to the beach for 5 days over the 4th and had a great time visiting family, eating sea food,  laying on the beach, jumping waves and looking for shark teeth.  Then I had to head back to work and today helped J wean the fall calves.  
 J is always great about having everything set so there is little extra that I have to do.
 I think this is the best group of fall calves I remember having.
 We sorted out the cows,
 turned them out,
 then picked out 6 replacement heifers.
Everything else got loaded up and brought to the house.  They were dewormed and left in the barn lot for the night.  Tomorrow J will turn them out in a larger field and start feeding them some grain in preparation for heading out to the feedlot in about 45 days.   Guess I can get back to my regular scheduled now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...