Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Darker Honey This Year

I finally finished up with this year's honey.  With E off at college I didn't have the good help that I've had in the past.
 This year the honey ended up being darker than last year's.  From what I've read it just means that it may have a little stronger flavor.  I'm not sure I can really tell the difference.
 I had purchased our own filtering system this year.  The package came with 3 different filter sizes.  I stacked them all up and only about a tablespoon made it through the finest one.  I looked back at what we borrowed last year and it only had the 2 filters.  So I removed the bottom one and started over.
 It filters into a 5 gallon bucket, then it was just a matter of opening the gate and filling the jars.
2 quarts, 11 pints, and 8 1/2 pints for a total of 2 3/8 gallons.  Got to love those bees.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh that looks delicious. Do you make any flavored stuff? We had cinnamon honey last fall and it was so good

Alica said...

That's great, to have so much of your own honey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...