Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Feed Sack Tote Bag

I normally don't feed the horses grain.  But this past winter with Hank having lost weight and having a weanling that needed some extra nutrition, I ended up with several feed bags.  I have seen different places where people have made totes out of the old bags so I thought I might give it a try.  
 I picked the most picturesque bag and this is what I came up with.
 E said I could start taking it to the grocery store to eliminate the hundreds of plastic bags that accumulate here. (I do reuse and recycle them)
I thought it might make a nice gift bag at a horse function.  Either way, I think it's a winner.  Looks like they run about $10 on Etsy.  Guess the picture on the bag is going to be as important as the contents in the future.

2 comments:

C said...

It does sound like a winner! Looks great.

I don't mind getting plastic bags at the grocery. I definitely reuse them. A lot go to use as trash can liners.

Crystal said...

Those are cool. I have so many reusable bags they are getting like the plastic ones overrun, and nowhere to recycle them when they are wearing out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...