Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This and That

Here are a few miscellaneous items.
I saw this "most unusual" moth on my back door this morning.  J glanced at the picture and ask "what is thelittleredhen knitting now?"  He didn't think it looked real.
I finally had an inspiration for the bank above the driveway.  The crepe myrtle was a good idea but it is just too cold for them here.  They don't bloom until almost frost.  So today I thought, butterfly bushes.  I have so many volunteering it won't be a problem getting them started.  By the way, that's Spot with his fly mask on in the back ground.
We never know what we will find when we check the cattle.  This one had a large limb tangled in her tail.
A week and a half ago I saw a large coyote chasing the goats early in the morning.  Since then we have been losing almost one a day.  J is checking this dead one we found this evening.  I have ordered an electric netting to make a lot to keep them in at night.  Anyone  who romanticizes about the introduction of coyotes into SW Virginia as in the book The Prodigal Summer, doesn't know what they are talking about.

1 comment:

Scooter said...

Very funny comment from J.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...