Friday, January 15, 2010


We didn't wean all of the calves when we sent some to the feedlot last month so we finished the process with the cows here today. J had planned to wean them last month as soon as we shipped the others out but that's when the weather turned bad so it just didn't work out.
First we had to get them all in the lot.
Next came the sorting.
J also wanted to deworm the cows and calves.
We have found that if J stands at the gate that the cows like to go out he can shoot them with the dewormer as they run the gauntlet. The calves work better inside the barn.
Tomorrow we will try to get the last calves sorted out at our farm down the road and hauled back here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...