Friday, January 22, 2010

Spay Day

I decided to take the puppies in on my day off for their surgery instead of trying to work them into the regular schedule. They are 5 1/2 months old now.
I miss calculated how big of a carrier I needed. It was a struggle to get them stuffed into too small a crate. Bumble weighs 65 pounds and Bea 53 pounds. They didn't look that big out in the field. We kept them in the barn last night so they would be dry and easy to catch.
Fortunately, they are very calm and pretty much freeze up when they don't know what is going on. Bumble still doesn't walk on a leash very well. And neither one wanted to walk on the clinic floor.
They made it trough surgery fine and woke up calmly. I gave them some post operative pain medicine so they will be more comfortable tonight.
I'm leaving them at the clinic until Monday at least. It is suppose to rain all weekend with heavy rain on Sunday. The ground is already saturated with water standing on the surface.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...