Saturday, March 10, 2012

Which One to Pick

Pep has only been in the new barn a couple of times.  E hasn't ridden her since last fall.  Thursday, J and E tried her in the barn but decided she was too nervous to ride.  Yesterday, I joined them with Thumper too. 
 Pep cantered faster in the round pen than I've ever seen her go.
 She was still pretty high headed and looking around a lot when E got on to ride.
 She never did relax much.
 I rode Thumper.  I think he loves being in the indoor better than anywhere else.  He relaxes as soon as he walks through the door.  I've been riding him a little this winter in case anyone ever decides to come look at him since I have him advertised for sale.  But now since I've been actually riding him and not using him as a pasture ornament, I think he might work out better for E to show instead of Pep.
Look at the smile on E face.  She looked good on him.  He rides much different than Pep but I think it would be good for E to try something new.  We'll have to take him to a small practice show and see what he does.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Sometimes its good to switch them up. I have a bunch to sell, but keep waffling on who cause I really wanna keep them all.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Nice to have the option
both look like good horses

sally said...

I bet you are loving having the barn to use, especially when the weather is a bit awful

The JR said...

She looks like she's having a blast.

A nice safe gelding makes a good show horse. I don't know what possessed me to buy a mare.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...