Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Update on Otoelene

The farrier had wanted to leave the bar shoe on Otoelene as long as possible in hopes that she would grow enough hoof to trim out the bad and still have some left to nail back into.  She lost the shoe the day before he was coming back.  The  hoof wall had looked like icing melting off of a cake.  
 After the shoe came off it just looked like a jagged mess.
After he put a smaller bar shoe on with no pad this time, he trimmed more of the hoof wall away.  
This is what I had April 11th.  I'm not sure much progress is being made but there is little to do but wait.

1 comment:

GranthamLynn said...

Oh my gosh. I have never seen anything like it! I am so glad there is some progess. I know it can be tiresome. Boy glad you have a farrier willing to work with you! Prayers going out to you and your horse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...