Friday, June 30, 2017

Home and Garden

I spent most of today working in the yard and on a home improvement project. 
Here is an update on the tommy toe fence.  So far so good, they are staying contained.   
I picked six cucumbers today.  Ate one for lunch, delish.  
Not  much prettier that a border bed full of pink and purple.  
I caught a hummingbird moth feeding on the phlox. 
The first 20 years here I have spent planting.  I looks like the next 20 will be full of cutting down. 
I decided to do away with the evergreen that was draping out of the planters.  I also dug up a few horse tails a few weeks ago to see if they could live between the house and sidewalk.  Most have managed to live so I might dig a few more to fill them in quicker. 
And then my craft project was new covers for the chair cushions.  The previous ones were cracked vinyl from the 60's.  Now I just need to repaint the chair.  And if you have seen my porch furniture you will know that that is very unlikely. 

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks nice, and even if you don't paint its an improvement having new covers

Virginia Reasor said...

Looks much more comfortable with the new cushion

C said...

Fresh cucumbers! Everything looks wonderful. The chair cushion looks good - the vintage chair in its rustic state has its own charms.

Unknown said...

if you don't paint its an improvement having new covers


จอมเวทย์มหากาฬ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...