Saturday, June 3, 2017

I.C.U.

I had to make a house call Thursday.   Unfortunately, it was to my own house.   J called me at work because a calf he had been treating for scours (diarrhea)  had taken a bad turn for the worse.  Luckily, it wasn't terribly busy so I could leave for a bit to make my house call. 
 The poor little thing was flat out.  I started IV fluids, evil antibiotics, pain medicine and anti diarrhea medicine.
 Do you like my IV pole?
 By the next morning she was sitting sternal.
 Then Friday afternoon we were able to get her to stand up and nurse.
After 5 1/2 liters of IV fluids she said she was ready to go back to mama.
J loaded her on the truck to get her back to mom.
 The cow heard her and started bawling.
Mom and baby back together.  Hope we are over the worst of it.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

nice save.

C said...

A happy ending. J certainly knows a good vet! Caught the not so subtle editorial. Nice jerry rig on the IV.

Mrs Shoes said...

Good job Doc.
When my children were younger, I tried like BLAZES to influence one to be the vet that our family farm could use..... No takers.

Anonymous said...

Hi 4R Ranch,

I’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We are running a campaign with Paperless Post, an online paper stationery creator that allows you to custom make designs that best represent your individual aesthetic, and want you to be involved!

Your blog has beautiful photography and your artistic ability is remarkable. You have thoughtful and engaging posts that make us want to come back for more. We were impressed with the imagery featured on your blog and would like to work with you for our Paperless Post campaign.

We would like to offer you 400 digital Coins (a $40 value!) for free to try out Paperless Post’s innovative online service and write about your experience. Paperless Post’s Coins can be used for any digital invitations or digital cards on paperlesspost.com.

Paperless Post boasts collaborations with many leading fashion brands and lifestyle designers, including Kate Spade New York, Oscar de la Renta, and Jonathan Adler among others. It’s a great way to display your photos and we think you would love using it. The company has sent over 85 million cards to date and we want to get your feedback and opinions on the service.

Please let me know if you would be interested in working with Paperless Post. I look forward to hearing from you!
Please write me at helen@anagraminteractive.com
Best,
Helen

Unknown said...

Caught the not so subtle editorial. Nice jerry rig on the IV.


จอมเวทย์มหากาฬ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...