Monday, March 2, 2015

Last Day and Backup Plan

The calves were suppose to go to the feedlot out west 2 weeks ago.  Then the snow hit and there was no bringing trailers in and out of our driveway.  
 But the snow is almost gone, the driveway is clear and the haulers are all lined up.  Keep your fingers crossed that we get them out tomorrow.  J is tired of hauling 550 pounds of grain out to them every day.
And since I've had a little bit interest in people calling about Wrangler (he is still for sale)  I thought it might be wise to work on another painting horse just in case someone actually buys him, but I'm not holding my breath.  It never hurts to have a back up plan.  I tried Brother yesterday but he was just a pain trying to get him to hold the paint brush.  Since I had originally started with Otoelene, I thought I would give her another try.  To my surprise she sort of held the brush, she certainly didn't fight it and she didn't try to eat it.  Since I already had a piece of paper up I went ahead and loaded the paint brush.  Most of this is just me moving her head around while she is holding the brush to get her use to the feel of the brush on the paper so it's not a true horse painting but I definitely see some potential here.   The amazing thing was, as soon as there was paint on the paper she seemed to realize something was different.  She definitely looked at it closer and maybe it was just the smell of the paint but she seemed to want to examine it with her muzzle.  OK, I'm sure I am reading more to it than was actually there but a girl can dream can't she.   I may get my painting Paint after all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...