Tuesday, February 9, 2016

15 Minute Challenge

One of my sisters has challenged the rest of us to a 60 day challenge of 15 minutes of exercise a day.  The rules are pretty lenient, just 15 minutes of any sort of exercise which can be broken down into shorter time segments.  So pretty much, if you are out of the recliner for at least 15 minutes a day I think it counts.  
 But instead of mindless exercising in the house, I have chosen to do some hill work.  J says it doesn't bother him, but the rocks laying all over the place bother me.  And if we ever want a show place, the rocks have to go.  So I have been taking a 5 gallon bucket, filling it with rocks and toting it up the hill to the driveway.  Who needs free weights and a stair master when you have a steep hill and rocks.  
 I have accumulated multiple piles of rocks.
 After I get them all gathered up, then I have to get the 4 wheeler and cart to load them and haul them off somewhere else.
 And one more pile just in case you don't believe I've been picking them up.
I know it's hard to tell, but this section is on it's way to becoming a rock free zone.  That is until more roll off the top of the hill.

5 comments:

IanH said...

Sounds like a good exercise plan!How about filling the bucket and hauling them UP the hill to further enhance the effort? Or adding an extra 5 minutes per week? See, I'm full of good ideas!

C said...

yikes - you are an over achiever!

Crystal said...

Hmm I'm thinking too much work haha a walk woulda been enough for me. We have rocks too I think they just grow out of the ground. Neil says its from frost but I'm going with growing.

Alica said...

Just think of all the stone walls you could build with those rocks! :) I think just about every farm around here has a rock pile somewhere. I'm just glad that most of them got there under someone else's man power!

Mrs Shoes said...

Haha, can't wait to tell my husband that I'm not the only one who hauls away rocks that displease! (But I don't do it for exercise, I do it because I want the show place look too.)
;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...