Friday, August 20, 2021

Taking Orders

I was at a craft fair at the beach when I saw a wind chime made from an air tank.  I have been dying to try to make one ever since.  Awhile back, when the oxygen delivery guy came to the clinic, I asked if they ever had any scrap tanks.  He said they did occasionally and he would save one for me.  
So when he brought me this small tank, I was thrilled.  
The hardest part was getting through the top of the tank.  The valve stem was still in place and I didn't have the right tool to remove it.  It took a lot of drilling, but I was finally able to get through.  The easy part was cutting off the bottom with my chop saw that has a grinding blade.  It cut through like butter.  I then wired a chain top and bottom.  It makes a nice clanging sound.  The paint I used didn't stick so I need to try something else next.  Maybe I will try some red Rust-oleum.  
Then look what showed up at the clinic last week.  The oxygen guy brought me a whole crate of tanks!
Three different sized and all of the top are already out. 
Looks like I have enough to keep me busy for awhile.  
 

1 comment:

C said...

Very cool. I'm interested to hear what these will sound like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...