Friday, July 21, 2023

Morning And Evening Work

This morning Joe sorted out a calf that was just weaned that had sore foot. 
I went with him to help get the steer in so we could treat him.
 
But one of the others still in the field got a little too curious and got his head stuck in the fence.

You can see Joe’s frustration with the situation.  But he got him unstuck in short order.
Them in the evening we went out to get the goats up.  
Tomorrow morning we plan on getting them all in and giving copper boluses and deworming the kids and whichever nannies look like they might need a boost.  This will be the first time we have tried the copper boluses.  They are supposed to help  with immunity and parasite control. 
We plan on getting an early start so hopefully we will be finished before it gets too hot.
Can you count 190ish?  It’s going to be a rough day.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

That's a lot of goats!
Hopefully the copper will help with the tick problem.

C said...

Rough day

The cow part made me think of the title to a Steve Martin short story, "Cows in Trouble" - but your tale has no tie to that story which ends with:

That night they just stood around my bed and watched me sleep, much the same way my potatoes do, and I guess you might say I learned my lesson: Don't fool with renegade cows.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...