Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Horse Show

E won 1st place and a $15 walmart card in a school writing contest with this story.

Have you ever been to a horse show? I have. The one I went to was huge! It was called the Virginia State 4-H Horse Show. The show took place on September 20th through the 23rd last year at the Lexington Horse Center. Here's how it went.

The first thing we did was I caught my horse, Pep, which is short for Peponita Doc Bar. Then we loaded up the trailer and started off to the best horse show I have ever been too. After about two hours we finally got there and unloaded the trailer. I was really nervous because I thought Pep would be awful, but I was excited at the same time. When we got all unpacked I started to ride Pep, and after I got done with her she was sweating so much it looked like we had given her a bath. That night at 6:00 my sister, V, had to show her horse, Jessica, in a showmanship class, and I guess she did okay. To end the first day of the show, we had to go to bed in the freezing horse trailer.

Stay tuned for the next installment.

1 comment:

C said...

Very Cool E! Way to go. I enjoyed your story about the state horse show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...