Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Happy Birthday.. to me

My birthday didn't go as planned.  It was my day off and I was going to stay around the house doing whatever I wanted.   Come to thinks of it, that is pretty  much what I do with all my days off.  Then the call came, 8:15 am.  My boss wished me a happy birthday then said the other vet called in sick with the flu and could I come work.  Well....ok.  So off I went for the day. 
I had a wonderful surprise visit from V.  She brought me a sweet tea from McDonald's.  A very nice treat.  Her friend, Jordan that works at the clinic said I don't have enough pictures of me on the blog so she took our picture.  Thanks Jordan.  
Then I got another surprise, cupcakes! Yay!  We have surgery time from 12 - 3 then appointments starting back at 3.  I chose 3:00 to eat my cupcake.  See that black icing?  Well, the dye was pretty strong.  I had black lips, black teeth and a black tongue.  Just the way you would want to look when talking to clients.  I asked to go home but was denied.   I guess black teeth isn't as valid an excuse as the flu.  So I rummaged around and had some mouth wash and dental floss and a paper towel.  After a few minutes the staff was no longer laughing at me so I thought it safe to see the public again.  But the cupcakes did taste good.

4 comments:

IanH said...

Happy birthday! No sympathy on the blackness as it appears to be a self inflicted event. It's funny though😂

C said...

Happy Birthday! I see you chose not to post a picture of you with black teeth.

Alica said...

Happy belated birthday! What a creative and appropriate cake for a vet!

Shirley said...

Belated happy birthday! Funny story about the cupcakes :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...