Monday, March 14, 2011

Crafty

Who knew macrame from the 70's would ever come in handy.  I was able to take this...
And these directions from  http://gaitedhorses.net/Articles/RopeHalter/RopeHalter.html and a few measurement adjustments form  http://www.naturalhorsesupply.com/tiehalter.shtml  
and make this.
It fits Otoelene much better than any of out other halters.
I just wish I had something other than white rope but it does match her pretty white mane.  I think I still need to make an adjustment to the lead rope loop.

4 comments:

Kim said...

very cool! where did you find the instructions?

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Looks good I have always wanted to know how to do that

Mary Ann said...

I need to do a post on the exhibitors at the craft fair in Tongie last weekend... one man, who no longer rides, makes the most wonderful braided halters and bridle pieces. I took a bunch of pictures of his stuff. I'll do a post this week about it. www.calamityacres.blogspot.com

The JR said...

Good idea! I use to do macrame.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...