Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Back Up Horse

The State 4-H Horse Show is only 6 weeks away.  Pep is schedule to be the one that E takes but with her feet it is iffy from day to day.  Now Otoelene is having a little trouble too.  The farrier didn't get my message and when I finally got a hold of him Otoelene had already lost one shoe and I had to pull the other.  Now her feet are broken off and I don't know if he'll be able to get shoes on her tomorrow or not.   That leaves Hank, third and last on the list of  horses that E could take this year.  
E telling me, 'Don't put a picture of me on the blog."
 So yesterday she decided to work with him some.  Last year she ended up taking him to the State Show with only 3 days warning and not having ridden him any.
She didn't want to use the hunter saddle but at least she was riding him.  Pep is doing better, I think there's a good chance she'll make it to the show.   I think I'll try her with shoes again.  We haven't had any on her for 2 years.  It's hard to tell if she does better with or without.  I've just never seen a horse get so many abscesses.

4 comments:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

That's stressful. Hope they're feet are okay!

Kalin said...

Hope everything sorts out with their feet!! Sigh, I'm so thankful for a horse with super strong nice hooves! :))
Www.Sittinginthesaddle.blogspot.com

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Glad that Hank is there as backup, but hope Pep resolves for you

Nell said...

Hank the Wonder Horse? She's got it in the bag!I've just come to expect that when it comes to horses and cattle, something always happens when you need them to be healthy. Here's hoping Pep is in peak form in time for the show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...