Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday's Fences #89

I hated this gate. 
   It was full of wasps, the bottom rail was broken and the fence post was broken off so I would have to life the whole thing up to open it enough to get me and my horse through to ride on that part of the farm.
 We had some help awhile back to fix the problem.  But only one person can work a post hole digger at a time.
 Tamping in a nice solid gate post.
 V decided to take a break.
 As did Emma.
E and J got the fence reattached, then we hung a new gate.  Ugh, I forgot to take a picture of that.  But take my word for it,  it's a nice new green gate that actually swings.  Still can't open it from horse back though because J has too many chains closing it.  Oh well, can't have everything.
For more Friday's Fences Click HERE.

6 comments:

CDH said...

Hate those hanging gates. We call them COD gates. = Carry or Drag! LOL We have made some changes here. The frequently used gates are now made of steel. 2x2 tubing with a cattle panel on the inside. They work great! I can get my pony to open and close even barb wire gates. :)

LV said...

As bad as we hate it, somethings just have to have attention now and then. Glad no one got wasp sting.

Gemma Wiseman said...

I guess farm fences and gates need regular checking to ensure they are doing their job! Love the views around your farm in the first and second photos!

Jan n Jer said...

That was a scary repair...having the wasp nest so close!!!

Crystal said...

I hate gates that dont swing! At least it opens easy now even if you have to get off to get the chains open. Most our gates are barb wire (except in the yard) so I have to get off all the time too.

Farm Fencing said...

Hi all,

Farm Fencing comes with a no fuss, lifetime warranty. Fencing is a perfect form of cardiovascular exercise, as it's a fast-paced activity that gets the heart pumping and oxygen flowing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...