Thursday, September 12, 2013

What's Blooming

Not a whole lot.  
 Some of my phlox is continuing to bloom.  It give the fence along the drive a pop of color still.  
 My crape myrtles have done better this year than every before, even with the Japanese beetles eating a lot of the blooms.  A couple of years ago they were doing so poorly that I wrapped a chain around the one on the left and pulled it out with the truck.  It has since come back from a piece of root that was left.  I guess it wanted to be there after all.
 E's mum she got from the babysitter years ago is just about ready to pop.
 And if it weren't for my hydrangea
and zinnias there just wouldn't be much going on.  I did leave out my 7 butterfly bushes, but who hasn't seen one of those.

2 comments:

Alica said...

Wow...look at your gigantic, and gorgeous zinnias!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

um me! What is a butterfly bush?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...